Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog girl surfaces!

Ah, what price art? I went on a wonderful silent writing retreat at the end of November to work on my second novel, The Third Road, managed to churn out 10,000 words, then got a horrible case of bronchitis which was misdiagnosed twice and so effectively I have been out of commission for almost two months. BUT! Blog girl surfaces from the murky depths of isolation and the right antibiotics to get back in the saddle and back to the publishing extravaganza that is known as "And the seas shall turn to lemonade"! I now have a second wonderful back cover blurb from Diane Schoemperlen, and so I am good to go. Only hitch is that my graphic desgner has gone off to Costa Rica to get married (how thoughtless of him!) and so I need to work on the interior formatting while he is gone, then back to the (back) cover design once he returns. Some of my followers have suggested I look into other self publishing sites than Lulu, for example, CreateSpace, which I will, but I must confess that I have a soft spot in my heart for Lulu, as they came first, and I was impressed with their site and their dedication to producing high quality books. So, that is it for today, but I promise to be blogging more often now that I am well again!

2 comments:

  1. Now that you're back, the whole hive is abuzz. Rumours have it that we'll have a chance to get our hands upon a copy before the first flowers of the season bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra. I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete